On the Sales Management Training Course I teach sales managers to be hands on and in the trenches with their team.
I’m strong on teaching them about coaching their team. I believe a sales manager should be measured on the process of motivating his/her staff to sell just as much as on the sales result.
Sales managers are there to set their team up for success and that should be their total intent. I essentially teach them how to care for and grow their team.
On the sales results side, I teach sales managers to become business generators in their own right. They need to know how to find, nurture, score leads that they can hand over to their team.
They need to be able to teach their team to up sell and cross sell and they need to be able to teach their team to keep the business on the books and grow it – this speaks to Key Account Management and Customer Relationship Management.
What you’ll learn on the sales management training:
- How to craft and implement an effective sales strategy – from generating leads to nurturing and growing existing clients.
- How to build a positive, motivating and inspiring sales culture.
- How to build a team that has your back and each others
- How to set standards and hold both yourself and your team accountable.
- How to motivate and manage yourself.
- How to run an effective weekly sales meeting.
- How to coach one-to-one and in the field.
- How to have courageous conversations with individual team members who aren’t performing.
- How to get your team to take pride and responsibility for hitting the number you set for them.
- How to set sales targets (calculating gross profit, revenues etc)
- How to craft and implement a key account management strategy to retain and grow your best clients.
- How to develop a sustainable customer relationship management strategy.
- How to get your team to self-manage so that you can focus on high level issues rather than the day-to-day, nitty gritty challenges.
- Training and development. Establishing training criteria for sales people. Product/service training, mentoring, nurturing, sales process training.
- Customer Relationship Management (developing CRM strategies and using CRM computer programmes).
- Business Growth (helping sales people find new prospects, up sell/ cross sell and retain/grow existing clients.
- Developing lead generation, lead scoring and lead fulfilment programmes.
- Reporting. How to write sales reports and present them (to the board if necessary).
- Presentation skills. How to present a report elegantly and eloquently. Knowledge of Powerpoint/Keynote. How to use flip charts.
Duration: 2 Days
Follow up: By the end of Day 2 the delegate will have the bare bones of an effective sales strategy. Together, we’ll hone it into a worthwhile piece of work over the next month. I’m available for coaching calls and on email to finesse the strategy.
Reach out and connect with me to find out when the next course is being conducted and if there’s a fit for you.