[et_pb_section][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_slider admin_label=”Slider” show_arrows=”on” show_pagination=”on” auto=”on” auto_speed=”5000″ parallax=”off”][et_pb_slide heading=”Robert Frost” background_color=”#606060″ alignment=”center” background_layout=”dark”]
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
[/et_pb_slide][et_pb_slide heading=”Henry David Thoreau” background_color=”#606060″ alignment=”center” background_layout=”dark”]
Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.
[/et_pb_slide][et_pb_slide heading=”Carlos Castaneda” background_color=”#606060″ alignment=”center” background_layout=”dark”]
All paths are the same, leading nowhere. Therefore, pick a path with heart!
[/et_pb_slide][et_pb_slide heading=”Etsko Schuitema” background_color=”#606060″ alignment=”center” background_layout=”dark”]
The root of our squalor lies in self pity.
[/et_pb_slide][/et_pb_slider][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left”]
I’ve compiled a collection of quotes from some of the people I admire.
They may resonate with where you’re at in your search for meaning.
[learn_more caption=”Carlos Castaneda”]
- The self-confidence of the warrior is not the self-confidence of the average man. The average man seeks certainty in the eyes of the onlooker and calls that self-confidence. The warrior seeks impeccability in his own eyes and calls that humbleness. The average man is hooked to his fellow men, while the warrior is hooked only to infinity.
- The trick is in what one emphasises. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.
- Look at every path closely and deliberately, then ask ourselves this crucial question: Does this path have a heart? If it does, then the path is good. If it doesn’t, it is of no use.
- Nothing in this world is a gift. Whatever must be learned must be learned the hard way.
- The internal dialogue is what grounds people in the daily world. The world is such and such or so and so, only because we talk to ourselves about its being such and such and so and so. The passageway into the world of shamans opens up after the warrior has learned to shut off his internal dialogue.
- To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other.
- A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.
- Only as a warrior can one withstand the path of knowledge. A warrior cannot complain or regret anything. His life is an endless challenge, and challenges cannot possibly be good or bad. Challenges are simply challenges.
- A warrior never worries about his fear.
- We hardly ever realize that we can cut anything out of our lives, anytime, in the blink of an eye.
- All paths are the same, leading nowhere. Therefore, pick a path with heart!
- A warrior takes responsibility for his acts, for the most trivial of acts. An average man acts out his thoughts, and never takes responsibility for what he does.
- The only thing that is real is the being in you that is going to die.
- When a warrior learns to stop the internal dialogue, everything becomes possible; the most far-fetched schemes become attainable.
- I wanted to convince you that you must learn to make every act count, since you are going to be here for only a short while, in fact, too short for witnessing all the marvels of it.
- Feeling important makes one heavy, clumsy and vain. To be a warrior one needs to be light and fluid.
- A warrior thinks of death when things become unclear. The idea of death is the only thing that tempers our spirit.
- A warrior seeks to act rather than talk.[/learn_more]
[learn_more caption=”Carl Jung”]
- Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.
- The word ‘happiness’ would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.
- Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people.
- The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.
- The shoe that fits one person pinches another; there is no recipe for living that suits all cases.
- Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.[/learn_more]
[learn_more caption=”Ayn Rand”]
- Individual rights are not subject to a public vote; a majority has no right to vote away the rights of a minority; the political function of rights is precisely to protect minorities from oppression by majorities (and the smallest minority on earth is the individual).
- The ladder of success is best climbed by stepping on the rungs of opportunity.
- We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force.
- Every man builds his world in his own image. He has the power to choose, but no power to escape the necessity of choice.
- The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.[/learn_more]
[learn_more caption=”Etsko Schuitema”] The Aphorisms of Intent
- The world we experience is a reflection of the register of our internal dialogue.
- Every time you act in the best interest of the other, you grow.
- Our attention is made for the other, not ourselves.
- Attention is superior to intention.
- Significance is not the attribute of the self. Significance is the attribute of the other.
- You are walking through text: Read it!
- If you want something from someone else their capacity to withhold what you want from them makes you manipulable.
- No bank account is big enough to fill the hole in the chest called insecurity.
- If it’s about the outcome then it is pointless.
- Your history let’s go of you based on the degree to which you let go of it.
- If you construct your security on the basis of what you want to get or have, you stay insecure.
- Your Intention and Attention determines your engagement with the Other.
- The more control you impose the less control you have.
- A person demonstrates their maturity by what they pay attention to in the world.
- You have no power over what you get. That sits in the hands of the other.[/learn_more]