Motivational Speaking: Lessons from Loeriesfontein
This 1-hour keynote is excellent as an opening address, getting conference delegates to start thinking more effectively so that they can contribute meaningfully to the conference. It is also a great closing keynote as it will help delegates reflect on the lessons learned at the conference and how to apply them.Most of what I know about life I discovered as a child in a farm in Loeriesfontein, Karoo, Northern Cape. Only sheep, weeds, shrubs, ostriches and the toughest of humans could thrive in one of the most barren environments known to mankind.
The lessons I learnt in this inhospitable environment served me in good stead to cope with the challenges life has thrown me since.
- How to take accountability
- How to adapt or die
- Why you should listen to the voice of experience
- That every action you take has consequences
- How to pay attention so that you don’t suffer pain
- Why short-cuts normally end up in pain
- How to make strategic decisions
- Why you should cultivate win-win relationships
- Why you should pass on the knowledge
Any audience that needs to raise their game and really start applying their unique talents.